Nicki Minaj Makes it Rain on Random College Students Tuition

Jade Herrera, Staff Writer

Not too long ago on Twitter, Nicki Minaj spent her night donating money to college students who needed help on paying off their education.

It all started with Nicki tweeting about a contest where she had enough money to have a fan fly from anywhere from the world to have a chance to join her at the Billboard Music Awards. Then a user tweeted to Nicki if she’d pay the user’s college tuition.

Minaj then responds saying, “Show me straight A’s that I can verify w/ur school and I’ll pay it. Who wants to join THAT contest?!?!‍♀️ Dead serious. Shld I set it up? https://t.co/czH715u64a

— NICKI MINAJ (@NICKIMINAJ) May 7, 2017.”

Shortly after the tweet, many other college students hopped on the bandwagon for their tuition to be to be paid too. They would tweet her with proof of good grades and an explanation of their financial situation. Eventually, a couple dozen students got replies of “done” and “send me your info” from the star.

With that,  Minaj continued to tweet out the donations to students, asking them to direct message her so she could send them money. She put money for tuition to book costs to clearing out a few student loans.

Around midnight, Minaj tweeted that the contest was over and that she may do another round of donations in the near future.