Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Arianna Cau, Opinions Editor

1.                                                                  White Christmas

White Christmas is the most known Christmas song out there. It comes the end from the play and comedy movie White Christmas. The song was originally sung by Bing Crosby in the movie in 1954. This makes this song 63 years old!. Other artists have also sung it such as Taylor Swift, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, The Drifters, and Kelly Clarkson.

1.   Jingle Bell Rock

“Jingle Bell Rock” is also a very popular Christmas song, I bet that a lot of students can say they have sung this song. This song was originally sung by Bobby Helms in 1957 which makes it 60 years old. Although Bobby Helms nailed it others sung it to such as Elvis Presley, Paul Cook, Brenda Lee, Aly and AJ, Randy Travis, and Rascal Flatts.

1. Jingle Bells

Jingle Bells is the oldest Christmas songs being about 160 years old! It was composed in 1857 under the name, “One Horse Open Sleigh”. Since then it’s name has changed and it has been performed by many artists. Some include, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Michael Buble.

4.                                                                              Baby It’s Cold Outside

“Baby It’s Cold Outside” has become an classic over time with it’s popularity and catchiness. It has also become Christmas TIme’s staple romance song. It was released in 1944 by Frank Loesser which makes it an whopping 73 years old. Over its time it has been performed by s and many artists such as Michael Buble and Idina Menzel, Ray Charles and Dionne Warwick, Dean Martin and Martina McBride, and Bing Crosby and Doris Day.

1. Winter Wonderland

This has also become an classic from it being covered so many times. It was originally released in 1934 making it a whopping 83 years old. It was originally sung by Tony Bennett and then the trend started. Over the 83 years it has been covered by many artists, about 200, and some are Michael Buble, Olivia Holt, Selena Gomez, and Snoop Dogg.

1. Santa Claus is Coming to Town

This song is the one that you always here in the mall while your Christmas shopping. This was created and sung in 1934 making it 83 years old. It was originally sung by Eddie Cantor and then that was followed by Bruce Springsteen, Justin Bieber, Haven Gillespie, The Jackson 5, and most famously, Mariah Carey.

1. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

This is the most Christmas swing music gets credit for. It was released in 1944 making it 73 years old. It was originally sung by Judy Garland and then others who have sang the song were Sam Smith, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Sabrina Carpenter, Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane, James Taylor, and Luther Vandross.

1. Frosty the Snowman

This is one of the most Christmas of Christmas songs out there. It was originally released in 1969, over 48 years ago, during the kids movie that most of our parents still have to this day. The movie is about an snowman who comes to life and while he is going around town he is singing this song with all of the children following him. The song was originally sung by Gene Autry and the Cass Country Boys. Other artists who have sung this are Michael Buble, Leon Redbone and Dr. John, Burl Ives, Jimmy Durante, Willie Nelson, and Fiona Apple.

1.     Let it Snow

This is always the song that everyone uses for their Christmas parties. The song was released in 1945 by Dean Martin making it 72 years old. Since then it has been covered by Michael Buble, Sammy Cahn, Vaughn Monroe, Andy Williams, and Bing Crosby.

1. Holly Jolly Christmas

This is another one of those songs that you here in a mall. The song came out in 1965 making it 52 years old. It was originally recorded by Burl Ives an year before. Others who sang it were, Michael Buble, Lady Antebellum, Johnny Marks, The Quinto Sisters, and Alan Jackson.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs”

1. nasi on December 7th, 2017 2:08 pm

good songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. alayzsha on December 11th, 2017 11:09 am

amazing songs

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Fun Stuff

5 Costumes You Have To Try This Halloween!

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Health/Tips

What is Mental Health?

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Fun Stuff

Dana’s Amazing Electives

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Fun Stuff

3 Fun Halloween Recipes To Do in Under 20 mins

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Fun Stuff

The Science of Fear

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Fun Stuff

The Last Goodbye

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Fun Stuff

Middle School: In an Instant!

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Fun Stuff

PBL Projects; How to Survive Them!

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Fun Stuff

A Letter to Future 6th Graders

• Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs

Fun Stuff

Dear Incoming 6th-Graders

Top 10 Classic Christmas Songs