The American Military Parade

The American Military Parade

Paul Armendariz, Staff Writer

Recently, President Trump has announced that he wants to host a military parade in Washington DC. This would finally end the almost 30-year hiatus of military parades being hosted in the U.S.

The idea was announced by Trump after he attended the French Bastille parade last year. “It was one of the greatest parades I’ve ever seen,” Trump stated at the United Nations General Assembly. “It was military might.”

Image result for donald trump military parade

But the French Bastille parade is not about military might. The event is supposed to honor the rights of citizens, not the strength of their army. When the President said he wanted a parade “like the one in France,” he was probably thinking more along the lines of parades held in China.

The parades there are also grand, of course, but they do actually focus on the might of the military. Whereas France uses their army as an added touch to a parade, China uses there’s to show their strength and intimidation, as well as to honor veterans.

Honoring veterans is apparently one of the biggest reasons why a parade should be held, but the majority thinks that there are much better ways to do show honor. Many have proposed the idea to broadcast the names of veterans over various media sources. As there is an alarming amount of homeless veterans that people want to feed and shelter.

These ideas would also cost much less than the parade itself, which is estimated to cost taxpayers around $30 million. This is another prominent reason why most people are not for the parade. Tax money should go to more important things, as has been stated.

Image result for american military parade

Press Secretary Sarah Sanders has recently expressed the President’s motivation. “President Trump is incredibly supportive of America’s great service members who risk their lives every day to keep our country safe,” she said. “He has asked the Department of Defense to explore a celebration at which all Americans can show their appreciation.”

The Pentagon had been assigned the task of arranging the parade. Many people have disagreed with the idea, but it has been announced that it is probably going to take place on Veteran’s Day.

Though some agree with the idea of a celebration, many don’t. As of now, it is quite likely to become a reality. What do you think about the Military Parade? Please feel free to comment your opinion down below.

Paul Armendariz, Staff Writer

Paul Armendariz is an 8th grade student. He went to South Shores Elementary before attending Dana Middle School. He describes himself as creative, witty,...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “The American Military Parade”

1. Carlos Lozano on March 7th, 2018 3:23 pm

We DO need a military parade

2. Ace Wolfe on April 18th, 2018 4:28 pm

we do need one

• The American Military Parade

Trump Tweeting on Global Warming

• The American Military Parade

CNN Outraged As White House Takes Away Press Pass

• The American Military Parade

The Death And Legacy of George H. W. Bush

• The American Military Parade

38 Women of Color Took Their Seats in Congress

• The American Military Parade

The Landing on Mars

• The American Military Parade

Stan Lee Passes Away at 95

• The American Military Parade

6ix9ine Gets Prosecuted

• The American Military Parade

Creator of Spongebob Squarepants Dies at Age 57

• The American Military Parade

Migrant Caravan Headed for US Border

• The American Military Parade

Google Walkout, A Turning Point in Tech

The American Military Parade