Deadly Russian Plane Crash

Aytana Martinez, News Editor

On February 11, a Russian passenger plane crashed near Moscow, killing over 60 people.

The plane didn’t report any problems before the plane crashed into snowy terrain. The passengers on the plane included 3 children, ages ranging from 3 years old, to 17. The Russian experts investigating the crash said that the accident may have been caused by ice on instruments that led to faulty information to the plane’s crew airspeed, eventually leading to the crash. Authorities have started to question Saratov Airlines  employees to find out who cleared the plane for flying.

The Antonov An-148 aircraft was headed to the Russian city of Orsk when it crashed shortly after takeoff. The debris of the plane was found scattered, some large pieces of the plane were found 25 miles from Moscow. According to unnamed investigators, the pilot had reported a technical malfunction and asked for clearance for an emergency landing nearby the Zhukovsky International Airport. Officials have not confirmed the report. Some other reports said one of the plane’s engines may have exploded before the crash, but have found no further evidence to support this claim.

The plane’s pieces debris was found scattered over the snowy terrain. The IAC said that the flight began having problems about two minutes after takeoff, at an altitude at about 4,260 feet. The problems concerned the plane’s equipment, after various instruments began to display vastly different speeds at which the plane was traveling at.

“I feel like the plane shouldn’t have taken off if parts of the plane were frozen,” says a student at Dana. “The people at the airport should know better than to take off like that. I am sad that all of the people aboard that plane lost their lives.”

After combing the land within at least one mile from Moscow, The Russian Emergency Ministry said that they have recovered 900 plane parts. President Vladimir Putin has recently expressed his condolences and has opened an investigation on why and how the plane crashed.

. The cause of the crash still remains uncertain. The Investigative Committee of Russia said officials have launched a criminal investigation and all possible causes are being explored.  

1 Comment

One Response to “Deadly Russian Plane Crash”

1. Respected Boi on February 27th, 2018 12:54 pm

those darn russians

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

President Obama Hits the Campaign Trail to Support Democrats

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

Oldest Animal Fossil in the World

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

Is This the End of YouTube?

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

DARPA Plans to Invest $2 Billion in AI Research

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

Serena Williams Fined

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

The Next Big Thing To The Hubble

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

Hurricane Florence Wrecks Havoc on the Carolinas

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

How did the Brazilian Museum Fire Happen? What is the Brazilian Government doing?

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

American Malls are Slowly Coming to an End!

• Deadly Russian Plane Crash

Pollution: It’s Making You Less Smart

Deadly Russian Plane Crash