The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

Anna Elliott, Staff Writer

On February 7th of 2018, Snapchat released an update, and the users are not happy.

Snapchat changed their platform because it was intended to make them more money according to Independent, an online news source. It has done just that, but it has also lost many users. They intended to make their features easier to use, but they did the opposite of that.

People do not like the update because, when trying to view a friend’s story you have to go to their contact on Snapchat, and trying to send “streaks” or something to your story, it makes it very difficult having to find the person within all of your friends and possibly accidentally sending something to the wrong person.

Many users are unhappy, like fellow 8th grader, Yaveth Hernadnez states, “It’s trash, it should go away. I don’t understand why they did that.” Another unhappy user is 6th grader, Michella Infantozzi, who agrees with Yaveth saying, “-they shouldn’t have updated it, it was so much better as the old one, (and) a lot easier to use.” Once again another fellow 8th grader, Charlie Mitchell agrees with Yaveth and Michella stating, “It’s so confusing. Sometimes when I want to add something to my story, I accidently send it to someone by accident.”

Snapchat has also said they will be changing this update soon because of the many complaints Snapchat has gotten, and the petition going around the internet to get Snapchat to reverse the update. They have commented in a message to all those who have left their opinions.

A Statement from Snapchat:

FEB 20, 2018 — To Nic and all of the Snapchatters who signed this petition,

We hear you, and appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel. We completely understand the new Snapchat has felt uncomfortable for many.

By putting everything from your friends in one place, our goal was to make it easier to connect with the people you care about most. The new Friends page will adapt to you and get smarter over time, reflecting who you’re most likely to be Snapping with at that moment. This same personalization is also true of the new Discover, which will adapt to you the more that you use it.

Beginning soon on iOS, and with Android in the coming weeks, we are introducing tabs in Friends and Discover, which will make it easier to find the Stories that you want, when you want them. Once you receive the update, you’ll be able to sort things like Stories, Group Chats, and Subscriptions, allowing you to further customize your own experience on the app.

This new foundation is just the beginning, and we will always listen closely to find new ways to make the service better for everyone. We are grateful for your enthusiasm and creativity. We are very excited for what’s ahead.

Love,

Team Snapchat

Snapchat will be working to make their features easier to use, don’t worry it’ll be coming soon. The new update is one to get used to.

Anna Elliott, Staff Writer

Anna Nicole Elliott is a 8th grade student at Dana Middle School. She has hobbies of reading, drawing, and volleyball and describes herself as whimsical,...

5 Comments

5 Responses to “The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet”

1. Rianna Chavez on February 28th, 2018 10:14 am

I know Michella and I totally agree!

2. Sophie on February 28th, 2018 9:39 pm

Same, but I don’t have Snapchat and i see people yelling at there phones because of this update!

3. Christopher on March 1st, 2018 1:01 pm

I agree i think it should have stayed the same it was easier.

4. Kimberly Falcon on March 2nd, 2018 4:08 pm

I agree with Michella, Yaveth, and Charlie

5. Pat on May 11th, 2018 6:03 pm

I think Snapchat is still growing and developing in my opinion.Give it some time because it’s like Instagram you just have to let it grow and develop too

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

The Grinch: Is it Worth the Watch?

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Movie Review

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

Avengers Endgame Trailer Review

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse!

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

The Breakup Between Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

Bohemian Rhapsody: Movie Review

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

Review: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

Get Ready for The Hate U Give Movie

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

Trench: Twenty Øne Pilots’ Top New Album

• The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet

A&E

Watch Out for Venom

The Most Disliked Snapchat Update Yet