Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Kelly Yoshimura, Editor-in-Chief

Bunz is a new, yet rapidly growing burger restaurant in San Pedro. Known for their hospitality and amazing food, they’re a refreshing new addition to San Pedro’s many restaurants.

Open for 4 years now, established by two best friends, there has been a boom for business ever since they opened.

Cooper, one of the original owners mentioned the reason Bunz was named Bunz was because, “Juliana’s Bakery freshly bakes our bread buns and

A pretzel bun, with a side of onion rings.

we wanted to let the public know that it was a hamburger restaurant.”

Despite its huge success, starting the place had been difficult, having to organize and meet the health guidelines and building requirements.

Bunz’s success is largely based on the hospitality and service that exceeds all standards, the family-like feeling and amazing food has definitely played a part in the growing amount of customers they receive, “I want the right music playing, and for people to think they’re somewhere familiar, even if it’s their first time here,” stated Cooper.

The hospitality doesn’t just end at the workers, San Pedro customers also play their part. Many of the people who go to Bunz, are regulars from San Pedro, even calling the workers by their names, “The people of San Pedro really embraced us, when we first opened, there were lines out the door, even now we still have people lingering outside waiting for our doors to open.”

As for why open the restaurant in San Pedro, Cooper mentioned, “I did a lot of research before opening and planning everything, I noticed the city didn’t have that many burger places, and decided this was the best place to open the shop.”

Bunz has been known to be a little more expensive than your average burger place, but after looking at the menu of different locations and the total price of a burger, drink, and fries, the amount is usually the same price as Bunz, if not, cheaper!

When talking about goals, Cooper said he wanted to “sell a million burgers”, and although that may seem far away, with the rapid increase in clients, the goal will be achieved in no time! Cooper also plans to expand his restaurant brand, mentioning Las Vegas, Torrance, Redondo, and many others.

Not only do they serve great food and stellar service, there is also a 15 percent discount for students. His personal favorite burger is, The Caliente, packed with a lot of flavor and spice.

Each order comes with a burger, fries, and a drink, usually in the 12 to 15 dollar price range.

The main tips Cooper gave to start a restaurant, or any business, he stated, “You have to put your personality in your business!” He also advised to be prepared and commit to your business.

Kelly Yoshimura, Editor-In-Chief

Kelly Yoshimura is a Journalism student here at Dana Middle School. Before Kelly came to Dana, she used to attend Crestwood Elementary.

Kelly says...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro”

1. anthony tampon on May 3rd, 2018 10:21 pm

it could be better it was ok

2. andrew on May 11th, 2018 12:46 pm

this place is the boomb

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

Pegasus: A Series That Will Make Your Mind Soar

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

Company Defy Media Shuts Down

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

Book Review: When You Reach Me

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

Real Life Mario Kart Ride At Universal Parks And Resorts

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

Christmas Traditions Around the World

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

Review: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

Pacific Diner: A Classic San Pedro Restaurant

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

The Best Ramen Spot in Torrance: Ko-Ryu Ramen

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

A Heartbreaking Novel, Eleanor & Park, Will Sure Bring Tears To Your Eyes

• Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Features

Marvel: A Brief History

Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro