Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Denis Mardesich, Staff Writer

Do you like Mexican food? Meats? Breakfast? Well, the Chori Man is for you! With a large amount of delicious meals that are sure to sate your appetite, specializing in delicious chorizo dishes. Come check out this restaurant in San Pedro!

The Chori Man has a large menu, mostly consisting of Mexican foods including chorizos and smoked meats. “All of our chorizos and smoked meats are cooked in house, my favorite dish would have to the classic Chori Man Breakfast Burrito,” says owner Humberto Raygoza, describing his menu and its various dishes. I have had many of these dishes and all of which are extremely delicious.

As you may have picked up by now, the Chori-Man specializes in chorizo and uses two types, red and green. The red chorizo is Northern Mexican, and uses ingredients such as Mexican Paprika, garlic, and vinegar, and has a very spicy flavor, whereas the green chorizo is Southern Mexican and includes ingredients such as poblanos and coriander, possessing a more herbal flavor. Both flavors are very good and flavorful in their own way. “Chorizo is very versatile, and it can be used for many things, from salads to sandwiches, always adding a unique flavor.” says Raygoza.

Humberto Raygoza is the owner of The Chori Man, a student turned chorizo maker and restaurant owner. “I was going to school to be a nurse, and I got tired of eating beans and lentils so I went into the restaurant business.” says Raygoza. Well it seems that went well for him because you can find his delicious restaurant on Alma Street right here in our town.

This is not your run of the mill restaurant. It offers amazing food, food that has care and creativity in every bite.Eating at The Chori Man is an experience that should be seen by all citizens of San Pedro, and it couldn’t be put better by The Chori-Man himself, Humberto Raygoza, “The Chori-Man is different from anything else around San Pedro.”

With a supportive community, he would find no where else So next time you and your family are looking for lunch head on down to The Chori-Man and give it a shot, I assure that you will not regret it.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Come Visit The Chori-Man!”

1. Lexi on May 11th, 2018 4:02 pm

Who gave you this idea to do an article on The Chori-man?

[Reply]

2. anonymous on May 14th, 2018 3:05 pm

me and my family went and it was horrible it was so bad we went to mcdonald after

[Reply]

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

Career Spotlight: Life of a Construction Worker

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

Mr. Seiple; The Great Sensei!

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

Bringing Some Art to 25th Street

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

Staff Spotlight: Mr. Drake and Windsurfing

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

Come to Pixar Fest!

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

Steer Towards Success At Full Sail University

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

Staff Spotlight: The Life of Mrs.Traylor

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

The San Pedro Fish Market; Best Seafood in Town!

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

Saving the Sea Lions and Seals at the Marine Mammal Care Center

• Come Visit The Chori-Man!

Features

Bunz: Fresh Burgers in San Pedro

Come Visit The Chori-Man!