The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

Paul Armendariz, Staff Writer

Nintendo is known to always think outside the box, and the newest addition to their products is no different. With the new Nintendo Labo having been released on April 20th, owners of the popular Nintendo Switch have flocked to get their hands on them― while some question its model of a toy instead.

This is of course due to the fact that the entirety of the Labo kits are made out of cardboard. At first, everyone was a bit sketchy of the idea, and the support for it was moderately low. Many questions arose from the initial announcement: Won’t it break easily? Is Nintendo running out of ideas? Am I paying $70 for a box of cardboard?

To answer those questions with a simple word: No. The cardboard used in each kit is noticed to be more sturdy and reinforced than the standard type, and can guarantee you many hours of play on your Switch. Nintendo is still releasing enjoyable content every year, and…well actually, they might be scraping the bottom of the bin, but that’s to be discussed another time. And finally, you are not paying $70 for a box of cardboard. More accurately, you’re paying $60 for tons of cool games, and only $10 for some cool-looking cardboard.

Image result for nintendo labo

Speaking of the games― they’re pretty neat. The Nintendo Switch was already known to be a relatively adaptable console, and the Labo does nothing but add to it. Some of them include fishing, driving, and playing a piano. You either use the joy-cons or Switch tablet to play different games, each designed in a different way.

Image result for nintendo labo

The Labo lets people express their resourcefulness and hard-work, and, in a way, lets them construct the games they’ll be playing. With a new generation of children where everything is given to them, it forces them to build something of enjoyability, similar to Lego.

There are currently 2 Labo kits released. One is the Variety Kit, Which includes 2 RC Cars,  1 Fishing Rod, 1 House, 1 Motorbike, and 1 Piano, each with interactive games, and costs $69.99. The other is the Robot Kit, which includes a robot suit and another game, and costs $79.99.

In all, the Nintendo Labo certainly amounts to the Switch’s standards, and is creative and fun product that everybody can enjoy.

Paul Armendariz, Staff Writer
Paul Armendariz is an 8th grade student. He went to South Shores Elementary before attending Dana Middle School. He describes himself as creative, witty, talkative, and funny. He enjoys reading, writing, bowling, and drawing in his free time. His favorite school subject is English because he loves to write.  He wants to graduate from a...
3 Comments

3 Responses to “The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut”

1. Wolfie on May 15th, 2018 4:05 pm

I think paying 80 or 70$ for cardboard is unreasonable

2. Wolfie on May 15th, 2018 4:08 pm

Nice Article!

3. michael orengo on May 21st, 2018 10:26 am

it is basicly a cardboard box. if i wanted to, i would make my own with boxes at home.

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

New Spider-Man PS4 Game is #1 on the 2018 Best Game List

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

Disney’s New Wreck-it-Ralph Movie Makes Princess Tiana Light-skinned

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

The New iPhones: Are they worth the cost?

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

The Death of A Musician: A Musical Tragedy

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

The Nun: Is It Worth The Watch?

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

In Memory of Mac Miller

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

Fortnite: What You Need to Know

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

Stefan Karl: Always Number One

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

Check Out Riverdale Season 3

• The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut

A&E

Disneyland’s Dumbo Ride Gets An Upgrade

The Nintendo Labo Makes It’s Debut