Taylor Swift’s Reputation Stadium Tour; The Rose Bowl, Pasadena

Photography by Christopher Victorio for OC Weekly

Eeva Sogliuzzo, Staff Writer

Everybody knows the iconic vocalist, Taylor Swift, and you might know that she came out with a new album, including her tour. She is currently known as ‘Bad Taylor’ and doesn’t care what people think or say about her. Now that’s confidence!

Swift’s new album has… some differences compared to her past albums. For example, her album 1989 is all about her heart broken and being that crazy jealous ex-girlfriend. Now, her album Reputation is all about her not caring what people think of her and getting a new image.

I recently attended the Taylor Swift Stadium Tour in Pasadena on May 19th, 2018. The concert was my first, and it was probably one of the most fun nights of my life. Taylor played all of her songs from her new album and sang 10 songs from past albums. Some old songs she played were Bad Blood, Shake it off, You Belong with Me, Romeo & Juliet, and more all around, loved songs from her past albums.

The opening of the concert was the most bone-chilling and exciting moment that night. Before she made her appearance, there was a montage of people and articles talking trash about her and her old reputation. After that, all of the lights turn off, as you hear taylor sing, “Baby, let the games begin.” The big stage opens after about 30 seconds after the lights turn off, smoke and bright light shine through the stage. She then appears from the smoke and a silhouette of her goes on the big screen, with her holding the microphone. Then, the stage has strobe lights and more smoke with a dramatic performance. I will show you a picture of it below…

The montage about all of the trash talking the media said about her.

The begginning of her performance with her singing “…Ready for it?”

In the middle of the concert, she had two special guests, Troye Sivan and Selena Gomez. Her first guest was Troye as he sang one of his recent hits; My, My, My with the help of Taylor. About 30 minutes after that, she leads us on to her second guest as she quotes, “You may be able to recognize this voice…” Selena then sings “Can’t keep my hands to myself” Everybody screams as they know it’s Selena. She comes out from behind the stage and continues to sing Can’t Keep my Hands to Myself. After she finishes singing, taylor says, “The reason why she has been one of my best friends is because this person has never ever judged a single decision I’ve made, she has always met me where I’ve been, she’s encouraged me when I’ve had nothing to be encouraged about.” Selena replies, “And I don’t know if I would be as strong as I am if I didn’t have you and your family because you’ve changed my life.” This was such a heart-warming moment and this did, in fact, make me cry in the crowd.

Selena Gomez singing “Can’t Keep My Hands to Myself” with taylor singing a few lyrics alongside.

The finale was astonishing! She sang shake it off with a bunch of colorful lights and confetti around the stadium. There were big, blow up snakes on all three stages making it interesting. All the dancers danced to shake it off which was incredible to watch. The song ended and Taylor introduced all of her dancers to the crowd of 60,000 people. They all took a bow as more confetti was blown.

The final performance of the Reputation concert.

This was my first concert ever, and it most definitely won’t be my last one. I have always had a genuine love for Taylor Swift since preschool and I continue to support her and her music. She always manages to astonish me with her accomplishment and I am so proud of who she has become today.

Eeva Sogliuzzo, Staff Writer
Eeva Sogliuzzo is a journalism student here at Dana Middle School. Before Eeva came to Dana she went to Crestwood from Kindergarten to 3rd grade, but for the rest of her elementary school time she attended Taper elementary school. When asked what her favorite subjects in school she responded with, “English, because it lets you...