Letter to My 7th Grade Self

The+main+Dana+Mural+in+the+school+that+many+students+pass+by+when+they+go+to+their+classes+or+during+break.+I+have+many+fond+memories+in+this+area.+

The main Dana Mural in the school that many students pass by when they go to their classes or during break. I have many fond memories in this area.

Arianna Cau, Opinions Editor

Dear Younger Self,

This is you a year from your time. Surprise! You survived 7th grade, just barely though. Your teachers are going to be amazing, I am sure of it. You will also meet new people that you haven’t even seen on campus before, and some you have been afraid to meet. You will have many opportunities, make sure to take them. Also, make sure to look up from your phone once in a while, because you will see cool things. Expand your vocabulary as well, because mine sucks. I also encourage you to read more, because I know you will be behind on it, because I am.  I encourage you to speak to more people, and speak more in general. I know that you are still in your turtle shell, but go out into the world and swim with new people. I also encourage you to go outside and do stuff.

Some things you should be prepared for is tests, all of the tests that teachers will give you. It is not a walk in the park like 6th grade, it is a marathon. Also, be ready for all of the homework, because teachers will pile it on. Even if your busy and tired, do your homework. To help, I encourage you to actually use your planner and not just write in it and not use it.  

Sincerely,

Your Future Self