The Last Goodbye

Maria Seiple, A&E Editor

It feels like only yesterday that I was walking through the front doors of Dana Middle School for the first time in my life. Now I’m leaving and won’t walk through those doors as a student ever again. It feels crazy, impossible, and unbelievable. The time has just slipped by. I never planned on writing a puff peace as my final article, but when I sat down to write about my awful middle school experience all I could remember is the fact that some of the  most significant things in my life happened here. I met my best friends, I discovered my love for Robotics, I was given great opportunity after great opportunity. And for that I will be forever thankful.

To be honest, I feel that while my classes were interesting and important. The most important thing I gained at Dana, was my friends. That may sound like the kind of nonsense which spouts from a naive teenage girl in most teen romance blockbusters, but it’s true. I made friendships which have completely changed my life. I met people who inspired me, pushed me to be better, and never let me get down on myself. They were people who I could talk too honestly and joke with all the time. I am going to be leaving behind a lot of important people next year, because I’ll be going to a different high school, but I will never forget them.

I have so many fond memories of Dana,

In 7th grade, I joined Dana Middle Schools first ever MATE robotics team, I was voted CEO and got to work with some of the most interesting people ever. I also got to be taught by the most important educator I will ever have, Mr. Nesbitt. The first year of robotics I participated in sparked my interest in engineering and set me on a science career path. That never would have happened without that first taste of robotics experience. This year, I was once again CEO and once helped my team win 3rd place. I hope to continue my love for science at my new school and later in life.

If I continued to write about all the important experiences that I’ve had at Dana I would never stop, because every moment at this school has had an impact on who I am today. I made new friends and strengthened relationships with old ones. I have expressed myself in robotics, drama, and journalism and I received a special scholarship to Tech Trek. Dana has opened so many doors for me and while some students may not like Dana they should remember that your middle school experience is only worth as much effort that you put into it. I love you DANA, and I will never forget you.