The LA Rams Are Stacked

Anthony Sereno, Staff Writer

Sean McVay, coaching his second year of his head coaching career, has his 2018-2019 Rams team looking good as they take the field for preseason as they go 2-2 and practice which takes place at Cal Lutheran Campus in Thousand Oaks.

What you may not know about the Rams franchise is that they started out as the Cleveland Rams in 1936, then they went to the Los Angeles Rams in 1946. After that they went to St. Louis in the year of 1994. Finally, they moved back to LA in the 2015-2016 season. They were finally home. The first year was rough to watch as they only went 4-12. Then out of nowhere they shot back up the next season which they went 11-5 as they made the playoffs for the first time in 14 years. They also won their division which consists of Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, and San Francisco 49ers.

Now, the football world’s opinion is that the Rams are absolutely stacked this year. According to Mr. Gracin, a substitute teacher at Dana Middle School and a Green Bay Packer fan, he thinks so too. He states,“I think the team will be better this year with a year experience under the new coach’s system, the offense should be better. On defense with the new additions of 3 all pro players, on paper I think they should be better than last year.” The Rams have a lot of pro bowlers such as Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters, Ndamukong Suh, Brandin Cooks, Andrew Whitworth, Jake McQuade, Johnny Hekker, Greg Zuerlein, and Jared Goff. The Rams also have players that aren’t pro bowlers but are definitely worth mentioning. Those player are Nickell Robey-Coleman, John Johnson lll, Bryce Hager, Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Michael Brockers, and Lamarcus Joyner. Something else that definitely should be mentioned is that Aaron Donald won Defensive Player of the Year, Todd Gurley won Offensive Player of the Year, and Head Coach McVay won Coach of the Year. Coach McVay defeated Super Bowl Champions Eagles head coach Doug Peterson and he also beat arguably the best coach in NFL history, Bill Belichick in the race for the award.

The football world doesn’t only think the rams are stacked, they also think they are going to have a great season record wise. According to NFL, the Rams would place 2nd in the Power Rankings. Another way of saying that is that the Rams are the second best team in the NFL. They place 2nd just behind the Eagles. Also, according to the Washington Post the Rams will have a 10-6 record. Even though that is one game worse record than last year, the Rams also have a 76% of winning their division.

Last year, star defensive tackle, Aaron Donald, held out for almost 3 months. Only signing a 1-year, 1.6 million dollar contract. This year the star defensive lineman held out again, only this time it was for the whole preseason. But, this time around he got paid way more. He signed a 6-year, $135 million contract with 80 million dollars guaranteed with the Rams. This is definitely a win for both sides. Aaron Donald gets the money that he wants and the Rams don’t have to deal with Aaron Donald holding out any more for 6 more years.

They recently just defeated the Raiders 33-13 as our star CB Marcus Peters got the game-sealing Pick 6 off of Raiders QB Derek Carr. Including a touchdown from the raining Offensive Player of the Year, Todd Gurley.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “The LA Rams Are Stacked”

1. Troy Brucelas on September 18th, 2018 1:25 pm

good job Anthony this is good but raiders will be better next year

2. Dylan on September 20th, 2018 10:12 am

They are sos stacked it is insane but greenbay will still win brother

3. Adrian Aldama on September 21st, 2018 11:02 am

They will win super bowl cuz Brady garbage

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

Opinion

America: The Only Rich Country That Doesn’t Have Universal Healthcare

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

DARPA Plans to Invest $2 Billion in AI Research

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

Features

If You Love Rainbow Rowell & John Green, Then This is a Must Read Book

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

Features

Rock: From Then To Now

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

Where is Nemo? Pollution is Actually Killing Nemo

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

Showcase

Three Years at Dana and What I’ve Learned

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

Showcase

What I’ve Learned at Dana!

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

Showcase

Goodbye Dana: See You Next Year!

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

Showcase

Letter to My 7th Grade Self

• The LA Rams Are Stacked

GSA: Gay-Straight Alliance Comes to Dana

The LA Rams Are Stacked