Restaurant Review: Blue Basil

Restaurant Review: Blue Basil

Emery Jovel, Features Editor

Do you ever get cravings for an Asian cuisine restaurant? Ever want to try a restaurant where the food is absolutely to die for? Then, you should try Restaurant Blue Basil.

Blue Basil is located on 819 W. Carson Street, Torrance CA 90502. Blue Basil is open Monday through Sunday. It is a casual restaurant with polished wooden floors, multicolored tiles, and brightly colored art on the walls. The restaurant really demonstrates their culture and it just looks really neat inside of the restaurant. The atmosphere of this amazing restaurant is not too noisy and is available for people of all ages.  The restaurant serves Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and Malaysian food, all at a reasonable price! The drinks include milk tea, ice milk drinks, fruit drinks, slush, shaved ice, and their famous Thai ice tea.

If there is one thing that I would like to say about Blue Basil is that the food is amazingly delicious. Because of the dedicated chefs who make their food taste like heaven, it has been voted as excellent food on Yelp. On Yelp, Blue Basil has mostly  good reviews and they’ve received a three and half stars.

Some of these positive reviews are, “This isn’t a place you travel far and wide to try, but it’s an amazing local joint where you can get asian comfort food in huge portions for low prices.”  Blue Basil may not be far, far away, but it is worth the travel to get a taste. Why? Because, “Staff are very friendly and welcoming you.” It’s no wonder why people love this restaurant so much.

Last time I went to Blue Basil, which was not so long ago, me and my family ordered shrimp fried rice, Chinese broccoli & seafood pan fried noodle, and mapo tofu. The Chinese broccoli & seafood pan fried noodle is personally my favorite dish in this entire world. It is a crispy, fried type of noodle, topped with broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, fish, lobster, and squid. It is one of the most delicious dishes I have ever tried. Ever. And of course, we cannot forget about what my favorite drink is. Which I must admit is their sweet famous Thai iced tea.

Blue Basil is a good restaurant, with good, authentic food and good service.  It is a restaurant that really demonstrates their culture and really does satisfy their consumers bellies, including me. So, if you are a person who loves chinese, thai, or vietnamese food, then your taste buds will definitely want a taste of Blue Basil.

Emery Jovel, Features Editor

Emery Jovel is a 7th grade Journalism student attending Dana Middle School. Before she came  to Dana Middle school she attended Point Fermin Elementary....