Dana’s Amazing Electives

Alyssa Mack, Business Manager

We have a large selection of amazing electives here at Dana Middle School. Whether you are already a middle schooler and you’re looking for a new elective or coming soon to Dana trying to figure out what class to take once you get here. There are many different things, from piano to coding and even to stagecraft . Some are only for 7th and 8th graders and have to be signed off from  a teacher and others are open to all. Here they are!

Journalism

Our current and new advisor for the class is Ms. Kremenetsky but it  used to be Ms. Benavidez . In journalism, we write articles (like this one) for The Dana Mariner. This is only for seventh and eighth graders, unless an exception has been made. This elective is only during 6th period.

Video Production

This is taught by Mr. Rahmanou. He teaches how to make video clips and other techniques like that. This elective is open to all. This elective is only during 6th period.

Coding

This elective is taught by Ms. Ito. In here, students will be able to learn how to code computers. This elective is only during 6th period.

Catering

Thisis taught by Ms. Hermosillo. In here, you make different kinds of food. This is open to all Dana students.

Beginning and Advanced Art

Art is taught by Ms. Centofanti. In art, you obviously make art and drawings. You become ready for advanced with beginning art.

Beginning and Advanced Piano

These are taught by Mr. Nelson. Periods 1 & 6 are advanced and the rest are beginning. Beginning piano is so students can get ready for advanced piano and will be able to learn the basics of piano.

Beginning and Advanced Band

This is taught by Mr. Nava. In beginning band you learn how to play and read music and you get ready for advanced band. In advanced band, you perform in the marching band and at school concerts.

Leadership

This is advised by Mrs. Crow. This is where  the activities get planned and ran. This is only for seventh and eighth graders that filled out the application. This elective is only during 4th period.

Theater

Theater is taught by Mr. Seiple. In this class, you put a production on later in the school year.

Technology

Tech is also taught by Mr. Seiple. In this class, you learn how to type and other things on the computer.

Robotics

Robotics is taught by Mrs. Traylor. In robotics, students make robots and enter them into competitions. This elective is only during 6th period.

Stage Crew

Stage crew is taught by Mr. Boysen. In this class, you make different props and other things. This elective is only during 6th period.

Leadership Violence Prevention

This is taught by Mr. Valles. He teaches students how to become a better leader at the school and in life.

P.E. elective

This is taught by Mr. Auborn. This is P.E, but without running days, and you just do fun P.E. stuff!

Whatever you’re thinking, make sure you choose wisely and have fun!