6ix9ine Gets Prosecuted

6ix9ine Gets Prosecuted

Isabella Terzoli, Staff Writer

Daniel Hernandez was born on May 8, 1996, he is professionally known as 6ix9ine or Tekashi69. Daniel was arrested on 6 federal some charges including, assault charges, sexual exploitation, firearm possession, and racketeering (dishonest and fraudulent business dealings).

STEAM 8th grader Destiny Contreras says, “…I’m not upset because his music is kinda trash but it’s really catchy.”

6ix9ine is one of the most controversial names in hip-hop in the recent months.  His album “Day69: Graduation Day”, was among the top records on iTunes following its February release. He is also well known for his multi-platinum hit (An album that becomes Platinum twice over, for example, an album which has sold 2,000,000 copies in the United States, is said to be “Double-Platinum”, or sometimes “Multi-Platinum”.) “FEFE” with Nicki Minaj, it was number three on the charts. He is also known for “STOOPID” featuring incarcerated rapper Bobby Shmurda.

Tekashi 6ix9ine is currently being held in an undisclosed prison facility. He was removed from Brooklyn’s Metropolitan Detention Center general population for safety precautions. He was relocated after receiving death threats in his stay at the Brooklyn prison.

In 2015 he pleads guilty to using a 13-year-old child in sexual activities. A video he had posted online showed what had happened. He was an 18-year-old at the time and was told he must not commit another crime within the time span of two years to the trial. He is now being accused of choking a 16-year-old girl, driving without a license, and assaulting a police officer.

According to the indictment, bail for the Brooklyn-born artist, who is a member of the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods, was not set.

In April 2018, 69 allegedly took part in a gunpoint robbery of Nine Trey rivals in Midtown Manhattan. He videotaped the scene from a nearby car.

Prosecutors say, he took the stolen backpack to his apartment, where investigators found it (the victim’s ID still inside) during a search earlier this fall. They also found an AR-15 pistol.

69’s attorney had previously denied that his client was in a gang. The prosecutors had no evidence of that showed him shooting a gun or participating in any acts of violence himself.