Ralph Breaks the Internet: Movie Review

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Movie Review

Ana Rondeau, Staff Writer

We all  loved the Disney hit movie Wreck-It Ralph, so we were all psyched when we found out that they were making a sequel to this beloved family movie.  But did this sequel really live up to our expectations? Of course, being the sequel of an originally great movie the expectations are pretty high so the question needs to be asked, is this movie really worth the watch?

While some people love sequels to their favorite movies, some people believe that if the movie is good already, why change the view of it at all.  While this movie does keep a lot of the same characters including Ralph, Vanellope, and Felix it does introduce us to a lot of new characters including Yesss, Shank, and every single Disney princess which is pretty cool.  A lot of people were shocked and ecstatic to see all of these iconic disney faces in this movie causing both good and bad discussions on the internet. It also did raise a lot of questions. For example, if in the universe of Wreck- It Ralph Disney obviously exists so are Ralph and Vanellope a part of a movie or are they just coexisting with the others.  Another theory about this is that the Wreck-It Ralph movie takes place before it was made, but this theory is pretty much destroyed by Moana. For this theory to be plausible, Moana would not exist yet so therefore would not be a part of the Disney princess world. Another theory about this is that that land only had disney princesses, so there could very well be a Wreck-It Ralph movie “land” thing and the characters you see are just the video game characters the movie was based off of.  

For those of you who are not aware, the concept of this movie is that Vanellope got bored with her same racing course every day so Ralph built her a new course for fun.  She decided to use the course during arcade hours and the person who is using the game is not able to control Vanellope’s movements. In an effort of trying to regain control of Vanellope the gamer accidentally breaks the steering wheel for the game putting Sugar Rush “out of order”.  The arcade decides that they are going to get rid of Vanellope’s game because getting a new wheel was too expensive. So they unplug Vanellope’s game and she and Ralph figure that if they could get the missing part they would save the game. So they as you may have guessed it “to the internet” to buy her game a new wheel.  They go to ebay and of course being video game characters they had no concept of money. So they ended bidding thousands of dollars being completely unaware of what they were doing. They were shocked when they found out they had to pay so the whole movie is basically them trying to make money on the internet.

I would recommend seeing this movie because I think it puts an interesting new spin on the world of Wreck- It Ralph.  Seventh grader Carl Carlin says, “I really liked how it shows what happens to the characters after the first movie.”  The movie itself has a 4/5 in common sense media, 88% rotten tomatoes, and 71% metacritic so this movie is definitely worth the watch.        

Ana Rondeau, Staff Writer

Ana Rondeau is a seventh grader here at Dana Middle School and this is her first year in Journalism. She went to Park Western Elementary School and was...

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Movie Review”

1. Mother cAlR on December 13th, 2018 10:44 am

Good article my child

2. Ana Rondeau on February 5th, 2019 4:38 pm

MOOOM your embarrassing meeeeeeed

3. Michael Hernandez on April 11th, 2019 2:45 pm

A good Movie about Freindship

• Ralph Breaks the Internet: Movie Review

A&E

The Best Singles of 2019

A&E

Movie Review: On the Basis of Sex

A&E

The Rise of Skywalker: Trailer Review

A&E

Soar into the Movies with Dumbo

A&E

Ten Books To Read Before High School

A&E

Blackpink’s New Comeback for “Kill This Love” Has Kpop Fans Pleased

A&E

Google’s New Gaming Console

A&E

Virtual Reality Sets: Are They Worth It?

A&E

The New Twilight Zone: Does It Live Up?

A&E

Can YouTuber-Musicians Be Taken Seriously?

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Movie Review