Patriots Take Home The Lombardi Trophy

Patriots Take Home The Lombardi Trophy

Anthony Sereno, Staff Writer

The New England Patriots defeated the Los Angeles Rams 13-3, in what some people say was “the most boring” Super Bowl ever. They played on February 3, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia.

The Super Bowl was played by the Los Angeles Rams and the New England Patriots at the Atlanta Falcons stadium. There was a lot of hype about it, some people said that it was going to be one of the highest scoring Super Bowls ever. But it wasn’t that at all. In fact, it was the lowest scoring Super Bowl game in Super Bowl history. The Patriots outscored the Rams 13-3. With three field goals and one scored touchdown combined, some say that it was “the most boring” Super Bowl ever.

The first ever Super Bowl was in 1967, which was played by the Green Bay Packers and the Kansas City Chiefs. The Packers took that win home and went into the history books by becoming the first team to win a National Title. Super Bowl 50, was played by the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers. The Broncos came out on top for that one. In fact, since the past 9 years, that is the only Super Bowl the Patriots did not make it to.

Everybody knows Tom Brady. Well, he just won his 6th Super Bowl ring. Along with Bill Belichick, they have both won all of their Super Bowl rings together. Bill Belichick is arguably the best coach in NFL history, and some say that Tom Brady is the GOAT, which is if you don’t know, stands for Greatest Of All Time. Which is a really good argument.

Image result for tom brady holding trophy

Tom Brady leads NFL history in playoff wins and appearances, most Super Bowl rings, he has jus tied for most rings personally than any franchise in the NFL, has won four Super Bowl MVP, 3 league MVP, and had been selected to 14 Pro Bowls. Even though Tom Brady is the GOAT, some say that he needs to retire because it is getting boring of seeing him and the Patriots keep winning Super Bowls. Just like a 7th grader named Adrian Aldama said,”I feel like he should retire because it is definitely getting boring of him winning over and over again.”

There was so much hype about the Rams because of how good they did this season, but they let everybody down. Most people say that it was because of experience. Bottom line, the Rams offense just never got going. There were plays that could have changed the game such as Brandin Cooks catching to touchdowns, Jared Goff throwing a late game interception, and Todd Gurley only getting a little playing time. After the NFC Championship Game winner, everyone expected the Rams to do much better than what they did.

Related image

Wade Phillips, the defense of coordinator the the Los Angeles Rams stated,” I might have to say it. The first year we knocked on the door. This year we beat on the door. Next year we’re gonna bust that door wide open.” So as you can see, Wade Phillips is super confident in his Rams to win the big game next year.

Who do you think will win it next year? Will it be the Rams again? Or will it be the Patriots winning their 7th Super Bowl ring? We will just have to wait and find out.

Anthony Sereno, Staff Writer

Anthony Sereno is a 7th grade STEAM student at Dana Middle School. He is new to The Dana Mariner and can't wait to start writing articles. Anthony lives...

1 Comment

One Response to “Patriots Take Home The Lombardi Trophy”

1. adrian on May 1st, 2019 12:03 pm

they should not have made it to the super bowl if it wasn’t for the refs

• Patriots Take Home The Lombardi Trophy

Community News

The AltaSea Experience

Showcase

Can We Be Donating To Something Other Than The Notre Dame Fire?

Showcase

The Psychology Of Grief

Los Angeles Rapper Nipsey Hussle Dead

A&E

Ten Books To Read Before High School

School News

Dana 8th Graders Take On The East Coast

California’s Super Bloom

New Zealand Shooting

The High Cost of Privilege

Fun Stuff

Sleep: Why Do We Need It?

Patriots Take Home The Lombardi Trophy