TXT: The Next Big Thing

TXT+group+concept+photo+

TXT: The Next Big Thing

TXT group concept photo

TXT group concept photo

TXT group concept photo

TXT group concept photo

America Juarez, Staff Writer

Tomorrow x Together also known as TXT is a Kpop band that debuted on March 4th, 2019, under the label Big Hit Entertainment. The group consists of five members; Yeonjun; Soobin; Beomgyu; Hueningkai; and Taehyun.

Big Hit Entertainment has been teasing their debut since the summer of 2018. The Korean debuting system is very different compared to United States system. Companies in Korea let fans know about the group before they debut. They release concept photos and video of each individual member. This allows fans to get to know the members before they debut with music. Companies do anything to promote the band. While here in the U.S, record labels just debut the bands without any promotion. Maybe they’ll tease it a month before, but that’s it.

TXT The Dream Chapter: Star concept photo

Although TXT is a rookie band, they have reached a new level of success. Their upbeat song “Crown” with a graceful choreography has become the most liked k-pop debut M/V in the first 24 hours. The music video currently hold 31 million views on YouTube. Along which their energetic album The Dream Chapter: Star is the first k-pop boy group debut album to ever reach #1 on US iTunes. Not only did the album top U.S music charts but also places like Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, Spain and more. TXT also signed to an American label called Republic Records, it’s home to artist like Drake, Post Malone, Jonas Brothers, Ariana Grande and more. Although TXT is successful, they still have to go through the burden of being compared to their senior, BTS.

BTS is one of the most popular bands, they could even pass for the biggest boy band in the world. Since TXT and BTS are both under Big Hit Entertainment, they are constantly being compared to them. “Will they become as successful as BTS?” question like these arise. As long as BTS is around they will have this pressure to become as famous as them. Their biggest struggle that they’ll have to overcome is finding their own voice. Agelia Orozco explains “ I don’t really get why people compare BTS and TXT. They don’t have nothing in common besides sharing the same agency ”.

TXT The Dream Chapter: Star concept photo #2

Tomorrow x Together broke many records as they made a huge name for themselves. They became a phenomenal band with many fans and supporters. TXT will continue to grow as a band and will find their own voice in the music industry.