49ers: On the Rise

49ers: On the Rise

SANTA CLARA, CA - JANUARY 03:  The St. Louis Rams line up against the San Francisco 49ers during their NFL game at Levi's Stadium on January 3, 2016 in Santa Clara, California.  (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

SANTA CLARA, CA - JANUARY 03: The St. Louis Rams line up against the San Francisco 49ers during their NFL game at Levi's Stadium on January 3, 2016 in Santa Clara, California. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Chiara Gutierrez, Staff Writer

It’s officially football season, and for many of us this means arguing with your friends over which football team is the best, or who you think will be going to the Super Bowl. But this year for many of the San Francisco 49er fans, there is a hope of their team actually going to the playoffs. Being 6-0 and being one of the two teams that are undefeated they are also seeing a chance of going to the Super Bowl since 2012. But for the people who are against the 49ers, are they actually a bad team?

For the past few years everyone, including the 49er fans saw that everything was going downhill for the team. All anyone would hear about for the past few years would be that the 49ers suck, which upset many of the 49ers fans including myself. When I asked Abraham Radisic, a 7th grade STEAM student, what his honest opinion on the 49ers was, he said “Honestly I don’t think the 49ers are that good.” 

Now the real question is, are the 49ers a bad team? Right now they are 7-0 and are 1st place in their division. Them, and the patriots are the only two teams that are undefeated. They have had a very big improvement from the last few years, and many people have noticed. In an article by USA Today they said, “San Francisco’s been stuck at No. 2 since they waxed the Browns 31-3 on Monday Night Football in Week 5. Three convincing wins later, the 49ers finally leapfrogged New England.” This information shows that they have finally topped the New England Patriots, who were last year’s Super Bowl champions.

But way before everything with the 49ers happened it all started around 1946 when the 49ers were members of the All-America Football Conference (AAFC). The 49ers were second best in AAFC following right behind the Cleveland Browns. 4 years later in 1950 the 49ers were moved into the NFL because of the collapse of the AAFC. The 49ers were full of success and won three straight NFC Western division titles. They held on to this success through the years with young superstars on their team such as Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young and Ronnie Lott.

Fans are happy to see the 49ers finally rise to their full potential and be 7-0. With our new team members such as Nick Bosa, George Kittle, and Jimmy Garoppolo who was injured, all Niners fans can say they are looking forward to a great season. Once a faithful always a faithful.